Some time ago,
We already mentioned that Samurai Jeans 10 years later again released the collection series “Book of Five Rings”, dedicated to the treatise of the famous Japanese fencer Miyamoto Musashi.
These jeans have recently arrived at our warehouse. Many of our customers have already received their jeans, on which they placed pre-orders in advance. As you can see, some sizes are already sold out. It is very likely that this model will be sold quickly enough.
S710GXT17OZ 17OZ “THE BOOK OF FIVE RINGS – EARTH” TIGHT STRAIGHT
S511GXM17OZ 17OZ “THE BOOK OF FIVE RINGS-WATER” TIGHT TAPERED
We have already described in detail about this issue in one of our previous posts, check our blog here.
Now we’re going to show you the review from a real customer’s perspective! And that is what you’re waiting for!
This is the next model to release, it is available for pre-order. The actual arrival of these jeans at the warehouse is expected in December 2019.
One of our regular customers purchased the S710GTX 17OZ and kindly shared his review with us. We immediately forward it to you and hope you enjoy the nice experience.
So, let’s give the floor to the owner of this wonderful pair of jeans!
Hello friends! I have been keeping an eye on the products of the Samurai Jeans for quite some time and I am a longtime fan of the brand. Model 710 is one of the most special for me from this manufacturer. I was very intrigued that Samurai Jeans released this style with natural kakishibu dye (persimmon extract dye). In addition, limited edition Samurai always include amazing details.
This entire collection issue is sold in special boxes that have a design stylized as the Book of Five Rings. The first book is the Book of the Earth, respectively, it is painted in brown.
The Limited Edition Jeans are placed inside this box.
Style and Size
For those who are already familiar with Samurai Jeans products, the 710 model in different variations is probably well known.
For me personally, I think this style is very comfortable, visually organic and one of the main for me. The 710s jeans combine well with both a vintage top and a completely modern look. I will say the same thing about shoes. For the 710, the “working” shoes and a pair of lightweight sneakers or a sneaker are equally looks totally fine.
Jeans are sitting on me like this. For your information, I’ll say that my height is 179 cm, the weight at the moment is 82 kg. Some people prefer to wear these jeans with a looser fit, while others prefer with a more tight fit.
However, the actual measurements before and after shrinkage will give a clearer picture. Jeans were shrunk in approximately 60-degree water in the bathroom and dried outdoors in the fresh air. As a rule, I don’t do “hard-shrink” procedures; I also wash my jeans regularly and most often at a temperature of 30 degrees.
Size 32, Non Wash
measurements before shrinkage
waist flat: 42,5 cm
front rise: 27.5 cm
back rise: 38.5 cm
upper thigh width: 32 cm
inseam: 88 cm (hemmed at store)
hem: 20.5 cm
measurements after shrinkage
waist flat: 41 cm (after several hours of wearing, the waist stretched out to 43 cm)
front rise: 27 cm
back rise: 38 cm
upper thigh width: 31.5 cm
knee: 22.5 cm
inseam: 83 cm
hem: 19.5 cm
A key feature of any authentic Japanese jeans is denim. The texture, color, “beautiful aging” is exactly what the Japanese “jeans school” is valued all over the world for. Denim of one brand is completely different from denim of another brand, and denim of different series of one manufacturer is also completely different and in its own way bewitching original phenomena.
Denim Earth Elements is really very impressive. Initially, it might seem that classic Zero denim is used here due to the same density of 17OZ. However, here Samurai Jeans went much further and got a completely “author’s” denim for this series, which neither in texture nor in color intersects with the classic series.
I would say that denim of this issue has a finer texture than the classic Zero. Although there is also pronounced “verticality” and slubby visible, which are created due to the heterogeneous thickness of the thread along the entire length.
The warp yarn is dyed with the classic synthetic “pure indigo” using rope dyeing method. The weft thread is dyed in kakashibu dye. This natural dye obtained from an extract of unripe persimmon fruits has been known in Japan since the 8th century. It was widely used for dyeing threads, fabrics, paper. The features of this type of dye include the fact that (as an indigo) it does not penetrate very deep into the thread. In ancient times, there was even a peculiar way to “protect” documents from falsification, which consisted in applying a special layer of such a dye to paper. Thus we have a very beautiful and unusual game of color.
Let’s look at the inside of these jeans in more detail, especially since the manufacturer focuses on this feature.
- Top corners reinforced with hidden rivets
- Jeans are fastened with five buttons (including waist). The 710 model has an average belt height, so this number of buttons is quite convenient.
- Each button has the symbolism of the Five Elements
- On the reverse side, Samurai traditionally puts a symbol indicating that everything in the world is inevitably subject to change and transformation, which perfectly reflects the essence of classic jeans.
- The bottom of the leg is hemmed with a chain stitch with very pronounced roping. This is not factory hemming, it is made at Denimio.
- The pocket has the usual pentagonal shape, the size is medium, and for those who do not like the modern large pockets of new-school Japanese jeans, they will probably like it.
- Color is very dark and rich brown.
- On the front side there are also the first “sprouts”. Moreover, in places of bends, denim has become noticeably softer and fluffy.
- Thus, without exaggeration, denim is outstanding here. It will definitely please fans of expressive texture, and fans of fast fading, and fans of unusual colors.
- Speaking of fading, it will be very fast and noticeable here. The first fades have already appeared after about 7 km of walking.
- Arch is embroidered with kakishibu thread
- A “tsarist” golden thread is woven into the hem.
- Many people know that the inverted letter A in the SAMURAI name on the tab indicates a non-standard release. In this case, the tab is orange; it is sewn onto the rarest, iconic and collectible issues.
- Samurai is traditionally generous with details, and as for non-standard releases, there is something to see.
- The patch is made of goat skin. On the front side the symbol “Elements of the Earth” is applied.
- The skin itself is very soft and quickly wrinkles, getting a “vintage” look.
- On the back pocket there is a lining colored in kakishibu
- On the reverse side, symbol of Samurai Jeans is applied.
- Front pockets reinforced with copper rivets
I am extremely pleased with these jeans, I think this issue is a great fall purchase. For a long time, waiting from the very beginning of summer has completely paid off with a wonderful masterpiece pair. Without any exaggeration – real collectible jeans! Wear them with pleasure!